Brooklyn based spoken word artist and emcee, Dom O Briggs, has put together an excellent new mixtape which is very diverse both in style and content.
Tracks cover subject matter from blogs “Play It, Post It,” to money (or lack of) “I Suppose To,” to the responsibility bestowed on musicians “Save the World” and much more, stylistically Domo is just as happy to flow over a soulful beat like “Give Me Your Time” to the electronic club futurism of “Bounce (Hand Up)”. I don’t want to review the project, or say too much more, as I’d prefer people to just enjoy the music that Dom O has created, and make their own judgements with any preconceived ideas from the listens I’ve had. I received the project this morning and have been bumping it all day, and know that it’s going to continue to get spins right up until the next project! Please download and enjoy, and know that Dom O Briggs is a name to look out for in the future.
1. A Gemini’s Intro feat. Lolita Jazz (Prod. by Wale Oyejide)
2. 20 Years (Prod. by H2)
3. Bounce (Hands Up) (Prod. by H2)
4. Play It, Post It (Prod. by SAMiYAM)
5. I Be High (Prod. by H2)
6. Suppose To feat. Scienze (Prod. by Lord Quest)
7. Check My Flow (Prod. by H2)
8. Gemini Swag feat. GRAMZ (Prod. by H2)
9. Clearing My Head (Prod. by H2)
10. Better Than You (Prod. by Ski Beatz)
11. Who Is Wilford Jones? (Skit)
12. Mood Swing (A Lude) (Prod. by 9th Wonder)
13. Save The World (Prod. by H2)
14. Untitled (Prod. by CrushaMan & I.M Free ENT)
15. Just Be feat Lolita Jazz (Prod. by Go-Z)
16. Dinner. Then, Breakfast. (Prod. by Afta-1)
17. Give Me Your Time feat. Scienze, Niachene and Jadon (Prod. by DJ
18. Roots feat. Lolita Jazz (Prod. by The Stuyvesants)
Powered by the '73 Collective.